[FWTools] Python mapscript in Linux FWTools

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 5 11:14:02 EDT 2008

Roger André wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm curious if Python mapscript is built into mapserver in the current
> Linux version of FwTools?  I've invoked the FWTools built-in Python
> interpreter and tried a "import mapscript" command, which gives me a "No
> module named mapscript" error.  I see in the "Detailed package notes"
> for the Windows version that it is present there, but am not sure with
> Linux.

Roger,

FWTools for linux is supposed to include mapscript.  If the latest version
has it missing you might want to try an older version.  Quality control for
FWTools is pretty thin so it is easy for something to break in new builds
without my realizing it, though I do normally run new releases against
the GDAL autotest suite.

As I'm not currently producing new releases on linux I can't easily fix
the problem.