[FWTools] Problems with "unable to open datasource"

Christian Andersen christianhelring at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 05:57:26 EST 2009

Hi,

I´m using the FWtools (2.2.8) trying to convert a shape file to mapinfo
using the command "ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" test.shp test.tab".

Unfortunately I´m getting the error, "unable to open datasource" when trying
to convert. I have tried with chancing the caseletter etc. with no luck. And
as far as I can see FWtools should be able to handle shapefiles in the
"pre-compiled" edition.

Anybody who can help me in the right direction?

/Christian