[FWTools] ogr connection to postgis problems

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 08:57:04 EST 2009

I am trying to test a connection to a postgis db  using ogrinfo and am
having difficulties.  I am running the command on the same server that
hosts the postgis db.  I checked the pg_hba.config file to see if it
allows local connections and everything looks OK but I still get
"Failure" when connecting with ogr.

Am I missing something?

command
ogrinfo -ro PG:'host=server34 dbname=earth user=bob password=suruncle'

pg_hba.conf

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               trust

host    all         all         192.168.18.0/24 password

--
Travis K.

Toronto, Canada