[FWTools] FWTools Digest, Vol 71, Issue 2 - ogr2ogr convert MIF to SHP file that contains Text Object

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 21:10:47 EST 2010

David,

You can find people who are much more knowledgeable than me on the MapInfo list
   http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l

But this would get you rotation angle
   Select objectgeography(obj,7) from myTable
And this would get font face
   Select objectinfo(obj,2) from myTable

Look in MAPBASIC.DEF for the defines, i.e.
   Define OBJ_GEO_TEXTANGLE  7
   Define OBJ_INFO_TEXTFONT   2

And the MapBasic help file is a very good reference.

Good luck,
Rich

--
Richard Greenwood