[FWTools] Windows & OCI

Steve Way Steve.Way at infotech-enterprises.com
Tue Mar 29 05:36:32 EST 2011

Hi All,

I have installed FWTools on windows, and have a requirement to load a lot of shapefiles in to a single Oracle Spatial table.  It seems I can do this using FWTools using a batch file.

The issue I am having, is that I am getting the Unable to find driver `OCI' message.

Can someone share with me the procedure for enabling OCI support with FWTools?  I have installed the Oracle client, and configured successfully the name service.

I am using the line:

ogr2ogr -f OCI OCI:<username>/<password>@<netservicename> *.SHP GEOMETRY_NAME=GEOMETRY MULTI_LOAD=TRUE SRID=27700

Anyones help on this would be greatly appreciated.  I am using windows 7.

Thanks,
Steve W

DISCLAIMER:

This email may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use of the specific individual(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this email or the information contained in it or attached to it is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender at Infotech or Mail.Admin at infotech-enterprises.com and delete the original message.