[ka-Map-users] Design goals: Combining WMS servers and launching with zoom an layer parameters?

Stefan F. Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Thu May 19 21:31:30 EDT 2005

Hi Paul

Nice thing! I'd like to use this in our local map site
(http://webgis.hsr.ch) as well as in an experimental geo-spatial
search engine called geometa.info (http://geometa.info) which is
language and location aware.

I'm referring to the posting of Daniel and Paul's original
announcement and I'd like to put this in bugzilla of course, if you
think this is the right place. I'm using currently an adapted version
of InlineWMS: http://www.geometa.info/map/world_demis2.html and I have
two other questions regarding the design goals of ka-map:

1. Can I use it as a self contained 'rich' client who combines one or
several WMS servers?

2. Can I start it with URL parameters - similar to Web Map Context
Documents (WMC) - so that ka-map launches zoomed in on a particular
place with specific layers (= WMS servers) turned on?

Regards
-- Stefan