[ka-Map-users] Hardware requirements for Ka-Map site

Mike Davis mike.and.kerry at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:15:50 EDT 2005

As I attempt to install the Ka-Map demo on our test server (Crazy Army
WinXP/IIS box... ugh) I am constantly amazed at the speed the maps run
at.  I realize much of this has to do with eliminating many of the
interface bottlenecks of other mapserver interfaces, but I am
wondering what server set-ups people are using for their Ka-Maps
sites.

Specifically, what hardware set-up is DM Solutions using for their test server?

Also Gregg, what type of server are you using for www.coloradohikers.com?

Basically, I am trying to gauge weather or not to start gunning for an
additional server just for Ka-Map based sites, or if I can piggyback
them on our existing server.

Thanks for your help,

-Mike