[ka-Map-users] Hardware requirements for Ka-Map site

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu May 26 14:42:41 EDT 2005

Mike Davis wrote:

> Specifically, what hardware set-up is DM Solutions using for their test server?

The server is a Pentium 4 Hyperthread, ~3GHz, 2GB RAM, IDE disks,
running Linux.

> Basically, I am trying to gauge weather or not to start gunning for an
> additional server just for Ka-Map based sites, or if I can piggyback
> them on our existing server.

There have been 1.4 million tiles served by our demo since it went live
last week (1.8 million hits total on the site), the load on the server
is still reasonable, so it could handle much more than that.

I'd say start on your existing server, and monitor the load to decide
when it will be time to get a new dedicated box.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca