[ka-Map-users] ka-map with PHP as a CGI vs. DSO?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue May 31 08:16:21 EDT 2005

I thinking that be possible to convert ka-map requests to actual tile
images instead of via the CGI, and have it be smart enough to handle a
404 response for a tile by re issuing the request via the CGI.

This would unload the server significantly at the cost of a slightly
longer delay in generating a new tile. It might be that the new tile
will load faster anyway because there is more processor time available
to generate the new tiles.

-Steve