[ka-Map-users] Clear cache, missing tiles

C.C. Miller cmiller at tamiu.edu
Tue Sep 6 10:33:53 EDT 2005

I've had a ka-Map install running fairly well using tutorial data.
Then I added my own data. So I modified my mapfile yesterday to add
the new layer (a simple 4-waypoint point layer). Then when I returned
to ka-Map the changes didn't register on any of the tiles. 'Right,' I
said to myself, 'I need to clear out the cached images so that ka-Map
will generate new ones with the new layer information.' So I deleted
those images yesterday, and since then – after many refreshes, many
different browsers, many apache restarts, some config.php edits and
resets – the tiles I deleted yesterday refuse to be remade (see
attached) and all I get is the unfound image icon (no matter the zoom
level).
So how does one force ka-Map to generate new tiles if old ones cannot
be found? There's an "Expire" section in tile.php but it didn't seem
to do anything when I changed the default value there.

I've attached a screencap of the missing tiles and my mapfile, but
I'm an apparently hopeless newbie so if there's anything else I need
to provide, please advise.

Thanks for any advice. Any.

Chris

Mac OS X (Tiger: 10.4.2)
ka-Map 0.1.1

output of mapserv -v:
MapServer version 4.6.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

output of phpinfo
MapServer Version
MapServer version 4.6.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
PHP MapScript Version
($Revision: 1.235 $ $Date: 2005/06/14 16:03:35 $)

Chris Miller
cmiller at tamiu.edu

Government Documents/Reference Librarian
Killam Library
Texas A&M International University
5201 University Blvd
Laredo Tx 78041