[ka-Map-users] evaluating ka-Map

Nate Reed nate at seastar.jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 9 13:32:08 EDT 2005

Hi Paul,

Just so I understand, is this because of the cost of loading all the tiles
when a layer is toggled on/off, or does it use some kind of optimization
that depends on static files?

I plan on using ka-Map to show near-real-time images accessed from a WMS
on the same webserver.  It sounds like we should probably turn off layer
selections, and allow the user to access some other tool for that as well
as other dynamic features (eg. animations).

I think it could make a great-looking front page for our near-real-time
images website.

Thanks,
Nate

--