[ka-Map-users] Using ka-Map with things that aren't maps (GraphViz)

Andrew Mason andrew at pandamouth.org
Fri Sep 9 14:44:03 EDT 2005

Hi folks,

I use a program called GraphViz (www.graphviz.org) to dynamically
generate flowchart pngs using php and GD.  You can see an example
here:  http://policytree.org/tree.php?root=1&active=1

As is obvious in the example, the flowcharts are often too big to fit
on the screen.  This will become a more serious problem as the site
grows.  The "dragging" functionality that kaMap provides is a near
necessity for this site to be useful, so I'm interested in finding a
way to adapt kaMap and graphviz so they work together.  Graphviz has
a more basic version of this already, which can be seen here: http://
www.graphviz.org/webdot/graphquest.html but it isn't really that
helpful.

Is this something that can be done with kaMap?  Will it require
changes in the code for either kaMap or Graphviz, or should I be able
to find a way to intergrate the two?  If so, can you point me in the
right direction?

Thanks,

-Andrew