[ka-Map-users] realeases

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Sep 12 11:51:31 EDT 2005

Hi Lorenzo,

this is timely.  I just snagged a copy of your kaKeymap.js and am
putting it in CVS (hopefully that is okay with you?)

The code has some problems on my system, for instance the extents shift
after you 'drag and drop', not sure why.  Could be changes I've made to
cvs after your version?  I'll see if I can fix it up.

No problem using the icons from hawaii demo ... perhaps just include an
acknowledgment in the help doc or something.

I've created a generic query tool that provides both point and rectangle
capabilities ... it generates a KAMAP_QUERY event that you can use to
trigger some sort of query to happen.

You should be able to use it in place of queryTool.js

For the measure tool, I don't see anything on the map, should I?

For the functions that you would like to use, I would prefer that you
start using events and provide event handlers that do things to update
stuff on the page.

See the new kaQuery.js file for an example.