[ka-Map-users] Legend and broken images

Andrew MacLeod a.macleod at ballarat.edu.au
Mon Apr 3 01:35:46 EDT 2006

Hi All
         Have been working with ka-map for a few months now and must
congratulate you all on a fantastic application. Unfortunately since the
introduction of the enhanced legend (turn on/off, opacity and groupings)
I have had continual problems displaying anything in the legend. When
clicking the plus sign I get a broken image in IE and nothing in
Firefox.  This happens with any mapfile I attempt to use including the
Gmap_46 test application (see link).

http://jed.cecc.com.au/gis/kamap/htdocs/

I have been assuming this is a problem with my setup so have installed
on a number of different boxes using different versions of Mapserver and
Ka-map to no avail. I have just setup a new box with Mapserver4.8.3 and
tested with ka-map 0.2 release and also the latest version from CVS. As
you will see from the link below where I have setup a basic PHP page
(without ka-map) pointing to the mapfile the legend should contain a
number of items:

http://jed.cecc.com.au/gis/gmap.php

I have tested adding GROUPs to the mapfile and these appear OK, but the
subitems do not. When I view the address of the broken image directly in
a browser I get a blank page in Firefox (with nothing in the JS error
log) and a "page not found" in IE.

We are running FreeBSD6/Apache1.3/Php5

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated as I am out of ideas.

Cheers
         Andrew

Andrew Macleod
Technical Manager
Centre for Electronic Commerce and Communications
University of Ballarat
Registered Provider Number 00103D

Suite 12A Greenhill Enterprise Centre
University Drv Mt Helen 3350