[ka-Map-users] kaXmlOverlay and ONMOUSEOVER()

Sige sigenz at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Apr 27 19:02:14 EDT 2006

Hi,

i found another way of doing that without the overlib.
i use the "title"
attribute of the div of the kaXmlPoint to show the
information. in In file
kaXmlOverlay.js, modify the function "loadXml" by
setting the "title" attribute
of div of the the np kaXmlPoint to the information
retrieved from the xml file.

Cheers,

Sige

use
> it:
> In file kaXmlOverlay.js around line 962, inside the
> function ;
> kaXmlPoint(pid, xml_overlay) {
>
> //add these lines
> this.div.onmouseover=function(){ overlib('This is
the

/****************************************************/

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=6218&package_id=6280&release_id=339422

> (its a few .js files, so I put them in a folder
called
> overlib)
>
> Inside the index.html, I added:
> <script type="text/javascript"
> src="overlib/overlib.js"></script>
>
> Right after my <body> tag in index.html I added:
> visibility:hidden; z-index:1000;"></div>
> (I am not sure how necessary it is).
>

> overLib has many more options, which you can read
> about at:
> http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/
>

> I have not tested this with the XML file, (have not
> gotten that working yet), but it *should* work,
since

wrote:
> hi, glad it worked.
>
> you're missing a closing } for your onmouseover.
>

> On 3/3/06, Sepehr Sadeghi <sadegs at alum.rpi.edu >
> wrote:
> Brent,
> thanks for the help... the this.div.onmouseover =
> function(){ alert(pd) } ; worked as planned.
> Unfortuneately, I can not get the callout box to
> work...I am using overLib.js, have already defined
it
> in a tag in index.html ;
> <script type="text/javascript"
> src="overlib/overlib.js"></script>
>
> here is the code for the kaXmlPoint, at the bottom
is
> the onmouseover event attachment;
>
> function kaXmlPoint(pid, xml_overlay) {
>
>  this.xml_overlay = xml_overlay;
>  this.pid = pid;
>  this.divId = this.xml_overlay.getDivId (pid);
>  this.geox = 0;
>  this.geoy = 0;
>  this.shown = false;
>
>  this.graphics = new Array();
>
>  this.div = document.createElement('div');
>  this.div.setAttribute('id', this.divId);
>  //this.div.onmouseover =  function(){ alert(pd) };
>  this.div.onmouseover=function(){ overlib('This is
an

wrote:

> hi, not sure about the workings of kaXML, but you
> probably need
> this.onmouseover = function(){ alert(pid) }
> or  maybe
> this.div.onmouseover = ...
> -brent
>

> On 3/3/06, Sepehr Sadeghi < sadegs at alum.rpi.edu>
> wrote:
> Hello All,
> I am trying to implement a way that when you
mouseover
> a kaXmlPoint, it will display a "tooltip" or
> "callout".
> Typically you could could add a ONMOUSEOVER() in the
> html image tag, but since this is a javascript
object

http://au.messenger.yahoo.com