[ka-Map-users] Re: equidistant projection assumption

Ricardo Stuven rstuven at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 10:09:30 EST 2006

I'm trying to load a WMS layer using the DEMIS service which only
accepts EPSG:4326 coordinates. So I need to convert from ka-map's
cylindrical equidistant coordinates to geodetic decimal degrees. I've
checked out mapbuilder library and I found it doesn't implement this
conversion. But I've found this reference:
http://chukchi.colorado.edu/GDSIECE/

lat = ((-y + center_y) / height) * 180
lon = ((x - center_x) / width) * 360

...and others that just say:
lat = y * 180 / PI
lon = x * 180 / PI
(radians to degrees)

Please, can someone guide me on how to manage ka-map to deal with
this? For example, telling me the values height and width should have
or whether should I assume center is (0, 0). Thank you.

Regards,
Ricardo Stuven.