[ka-Map-users] Question about a kamap setup I'm about to do

Clark Endrizzi cendrizzi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 11:16:28 EST 2006

Hi all.

I'm using KaMap to do some pretty intensive stuff, namely just very large
maps with a lot of labels and raster image layers.  My development server, a
pentium 4 3ghz, is pretty much dying trying to produce the maps and while
our production server (dual dual-core optersons) is much faster but it also
gets hit a lot harder (I was going to have the production server be the
mapping server too but seeing how intensive this stuff is I'm
reconsidering).   So I was considering a dedicated mapserver (dual opteron),
which would serve both as our new development server and the mapping server
to provide our production server with the maps.  Currently I'm looking at
WMS as the connectivity, is that the best option?  The two servers will be
connected on a private lan so if there is a better option let me know.

Thanks in advance.  I'm only asking here because I imagine some of you may
have run into the same issues and since this all revolves around getting
kamap serving maps fast I wanted your input the most.

--
Clark Endrizzi