[ka-Map-users] Controlling the number of points using addObjectGeo

Aaron Koning aaronkoning at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 04:35:32 EST 2006

I am not sure about MySQL, but if you use PostGreSQL and the PostGIS spatial
extension you can query a db table using a spatial bounding box (e.g. the
spatial extents of the tile) (
http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch06.html#id2789996). This provides the
points for the area of interest only.

In fact, you might as well create a PostGIS layer and load it into a
MapServer map file since you have to get the points from a database anyway.
MapServer then does the 'extents' query and adds the points to the map for
you (if I'm not mistaken).

Aaron