[ka-Map-users] Somen questions by a new user

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Sun Jan 22 09:28:03 EST 2006

Simone,

the ka-Map legend assumes that layers that are not part of a GROUP
belong to a special group, Base, that can not be turned on/off or
moved.  I suspect this is what is going on.  Layers that you want
separate control over should be placed in separate GROUPs by adding
the GROUP <name> keyword in the map file.  Several layers can be
combined into a single GROUP if you do not want to control them
separately.  Note that more GROUPs = less performance so be careful
when testing to make sure you are getting the performance you want.