[ka-Map-users] Can someone answer this question please or tellmewho I should ask it to?

Samuel Doyle sdoyle_2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 31 11:55:05 EDT 2006

Hi, could this be related to the version of mapserver? What version are you using?

Thankns, S.D.

"Delfos, Jacob" <Jacob.Delfos at maunsell.com> wrote:     Samuel,

 I didn't mean for you to make the "force_redraw" a  permanent configuration, but just to test whether your site has a problem with  overwiting tiles. Since it doesn't, it must mean there's something wrong with  the reading/comparing of the timestamp.

 I have just done some testing with the most recent CVS  code, and on my side the redraw mechanism works fine; I used these settings in  my metadata:

 redraw_interval "60"
tile_source  "redraw"

 After 1 minute, it would redraw, within one minute of the  last redraw it would return the cached tiles.

 Please bear in mind that these metadata values MUST be  entered into the FIRST layer of the group. Only metadata from the first layer is  used.

 If you still run into issues, please enter this on line 171  of tile.php, after " fclose($h) " :
 trigger_error("now: ".$now."; timestamp: ".$timestamp.";  interval:".$interval."; meta_timestamp:  ".$meta_timestamp,E_USER_WARNING);

 Let us know what it says. Also, give an example URL of one  of your tiles. In Firefox, use "page -> info", and look under the media  tab.

 regards,

 Jacob