[ka-Map-users] mapabstraction

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jun 14 10:03:05 EDT 2006

I just looked through the mapstraction api posted below.  Its pretty
simplistic and I don't see any problems supporting it in kaMap.
There are a couple of differences that we would need to make a
decision on how we would support it:

zoom levels:

ka-Map uses a fixed set of scales per map and zooms using the actual
scale value rather than the index.  This should not be difficult to
support.

mapstraction defines specific values for vector, satellite and hybrid
maps.  Not sure how to handle this since ka-Map is more-or-less
different for every installation.