[ka-Map-users] Map Query

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Jun 23 10:23:39 EDT 2006

Sure, I'll have a go. One question that is sort of related. It is possible to overlay
an map generated at the same scale/cellsize as the viewport contents, but arbitrary
size? You'd know the extent so presumably you'd know where to place the overlay.

The reason I ask is that it might be a slick way to hilite a feature. For example, you
could have MapServer or whatever generate a small map with the feature hilited and
then use it as an acetate.

Steve

>>> Paul Spencer <pspencer at dmsolutions.ca> 6/23/2006 7:59:55 AM >>>
Steve,

this seems like it would be good to put in the wiki at http://ka-
map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/Query

I copied/pasted your response there but it is lacking some details.
Could you edit the page and include details on hooking up the ka-Map
side of things as well.

This would be portable to the OpenLayers stuff too so I think its
worth the effort to document how to do it