[ka-Map-users] basic Q: creating a map on the fly

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jun 29 08:01:24 EDT 2006

John,

this is actually not that easy to do.  ka-Map is optimal when used
with base data that doesn't change and feature overlays (primarily
points).

That being said, a bunch of work was done to enable layers to be
rendered from dynamic data.  You can approach it in one of two ways:

1) modify tile.php so that it can create your dynamic layers on the
fly when the appropriate tile is requested

2) use "no_cache" metadata and pass variables for substitution into
an existing layer

See http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/
Mapfile_Metadata_Configuration