[ka-Map-users] kaXmlOverlay performance problem(problem with overlay.php)

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed May 31 05:59:04 EDT 2006

2006/5/30, Lorenzo Becchi <lorenzo at ominiverdi.com>:
> Hi all,
> as PG says no implementations of vector objects drawing on ka-map
> could be yet valuable.
>
> We are trying two different ways:
>

> 1) vector graphics -> that's PG way. Problems are strongly related on
> cross browsers compatibilty. No vector implementation is really
> mature in modern browsers without using plugins (es: adobe SVG
> plugin). In this situation it's hard to create an interface that
> calls different implementation depending on browser type and version.
> Moreover, early experiments show a memory problem in most browsers.
> Anyway, the work PG is doing is absolutely relevant, everybody is
> dreaming to manage vectorial objects over ka-map (me too!). I'll be
> pleased to see a stable version as soon as possible.
>
> 2) raster graphics -> the way I and Andrea took. The idea is to
> transform vector objects in a new ka-map layer as ka-map does for
> every layer. That's done, as usual, server side. What's new is the
> possibility to do it, and redo it,  on the fly and treat this as a
> normal layer (opacity, visibility, ecc.). It's not as spectacular as
> vector drawing but it works. Early tests are interesting. There's
> something more going on, hope to present this job very soon.

Lorenzo,

I would like to test your implementation (the 2. one) but i had
problems with the PHP XML document object model.
I have issued the following request:
http://localhost/kamap-cvs/XMLOverlay/overlay.php?xmlUrl=http://localhost/kamap-cvs/XMLOverlay/xmlgetpolygon.php&mapName=gmap&sessionId=&imgWidth=598&imgHeight=516

the cvs version of overlay.php gives the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in
C:\ms4w\apps\ka-map\htdocs\XMLOverlay\overlay.php on line 237

After replacing all occureences of "->item(0)" with "[0]" i got:

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'domdocument' in
C:\ms4w\apps\ka-map\htdocs\XMLOverlay\overlay.php on line 287

I am using the php version coming with ms4w that is: php 4.4.3-dev.

I am guessing this version is not sufficient for your implementation.
Since i am not a PHP guru i would greatly appreciate if you could help
me to have this code working.

Thanks,

Tamas