[ka-Map-users] Map Orientation

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Nov 1 12:52:03 EST 2006

well its not possible to rotate an image in a browser in any
practical sense (although perhaps canvas could do it).  However, what
might be practical for you would be to add an additional paramater to
tile requests called rotation.  If it works to rotate the map using
mapserver, you could generate a new set of cached images for each
rotation angle (say every 15 degrees) and when the rotation needs to
change, set the rotation value in the kaLayer and re-request all the
tiles.

Might end up not working though ... I haven't thought about the
implications of rotating the map images :)