[ka-Map-users] queryable layers in ka-map 1.0b

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 23:40:06 EDT 2006

Greetings,

I am a little confused about some of the wording in the requirements for
making a layer 'queryable' in ka-map 1.0b:

from kaMap.js :

queryable - boolean, is the layer queryable?
This is different from the layer being included in queries. bQueryable marks a
layer as being capable of being queried. The layer also has to have it's
query state turned on using setQueryable scales - array to containing the
layer visibility for each scale

I have included the METADATA section into my layer definition:

METADATA
#this must be enabled to use ka-Map! query - map_query.php
"queryable" "true"
END

and each queryable layer has a template defined. Note that I am able to query
these layers from an alternate DHTML interface to this same mapfile.

When attempting to query one of these layers in ka-map, i get the message :

"no queryable layers at this scale or extent"

any thoughts on how to enable queries? So far I have followed the instructions
on the wiki here:

http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/Query

I am able to get queries to work if i comment out the check for
layer "queryability"  in the kaExplorer/startUp.js:

function myQuery( eventID, queryType, coords ) {
    var szLayers = '';
    var layers = myKaMap.getCurrentMap().getQueryableLayers();
    if(layers.length==0) {
//     DEB changes
//      alert("No queryable layers at this scale and extent");
//      return;
    }
    for (var i=0;i<layers.length;i++) {
        szLayers = szLayers + "," + layers[i].name;
    }

the application in question is here:
http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/ka-map-1.0.b1-20060817/htdocs/?map=casoil

note that querying works- sort of: many features have to be queried by area...

currently at a loss...

cheers,

Dylan

--