[ka-Map-users] Ballistic Zoom?

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Tue Apr 3 17:39:41 EDT 2007

> Hi all,
>
> I searched through the list and there was the ballistic zoom item done
> by Lorenzo and Andrea a while ago. Did anybody else looked into the
> code? I am planning to try it out next week, can anybody who had tried
> it tell me what is involved, so I could save some time?
>
> Thanks heaps! :)

Hi Alan,
not me nor Andrea put again hands on the ballistic zoom. As usual,
priorities drove us on other issues.

That code is just a starting point, the live example is still online and
I would be happy if you have time to put your hands on.
We actually had problems on high CPU request from the ballistic zoom and
some strange behaviors on both IE and Safari.
There's also a first try to do a continuos "zoom and center" function
that's related to mouse clicked on the StartUp.js of the public
examples. You just need to uncomment  myMapClicked content.

Btw, we have planned to integrate OpenLayers inside ka-Map soon and
there's a good continuous zoom for OL that need less bug fixing than ours.

ciao
Lorenzo