[ka-Map-users] maplab

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Sun Apr 15 11:20:28 EDT 2007

Hi Tim,

unfortunately MapLab has not been worked on in a long time.  It never
really developed a community of people willing to contribute ...

There are a couple of alternatives coming along.  As you mention,
QGIS is able to export map files and I think it has received some
attention recently.  Also, I met the developer of a new project,
MapStorer (http://www.mapstorer.org/), last year and it seems
promising but I haven't tried it myself.