[ka-Map-users] Adding a unit

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Mon Aug 27 07:54:10 EDT 2007

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am trying to visualise medical images with ka-map!. Since the
> resolution of those images often lies in the order of magnitude of
> µm/Pix I would like to expand the possible units by millimeters and
> also mikrometers. How can I do that, can anybody help me?

to alter the scalebar you need to alter Tim's code in:
/ka-map/htdocs/scalebar/scalebar.js
you need to know a bit of javascript to do this.

> As a workaround it would also be ok, if I could switch off the
> scalebar. However, also that option I did not find.

to switch the scalebar of, from index.html, you need to edit:
/ka-map/htdocs/tools/kaExlorer/startUp.js

and comment lines  124-129:
    myScalebar = new ScaleBar(1);
    myScalebar.divisions = 3;
    myScalebar.subdivisions = 2;
    myScalebar.minWidth = 150;
    myScalebar.maxWidth = 200;
    myScalebar.place('scalebar');

as this:
/*
    myScalebar = new ScaleBar(1);
    myScalebar.divisions = 3;
    myScalebar.subdivisions = 2;
    myScalebar.minWidth = 150;
    myScalebar.maxWidth = 200;
    myScalebar.place('scalebar');
*/

and line 311:
    myScalebar.update(scale);

   // myScalebar.update(scale);

the the CSS:
/ka-map/htdocs/tools/kaExlorer/screen.css

change:
  #scaleReference {
    position:absolute;
    z-index:2;
    right:0px;
    bottom:0px;
    padding:0px;
    border: 1px solid #999;
    height: 35px;
    width:200px;
}

with:
#scaleReference {
    display:none;
}

it should work.

ciao
Lorenzo

ps: I'm curios to see your implementation, if it comes public please
provide your url.