[ka-Map-users] Future of ka-map?

Alessio Di Lorenzo alessio.dilorenzo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 09:23:08 EST 2007

Hi Roman,

I share your own worries about the developing of new ka-map versions
(and interfaces). While similar project (but, imho, less
interesting...), like pmapper, are continuing to release new versions,
ka-map appear to be freezed to the 1.0 by months...

I'm quite sure there's a good reason. Ka-map is for me, actually, the
best mapserver php-mapscript framework. Fore example, nore of the other
frameworks I saw, even if using ajax, offers to the users the
possibility to navigate a map "continuosly" like in google maps (open
layers gives this possibility... but ol is another thing...) and it is a
very appreciated possibility by the end-users. I know it for sure...

Some months ago I read something about the idea to merge OL and Ka-map,
but at the moment I have no new information about (my fault). In the
last days I read also something about the integration of routing
functionalities thanks to pgroute, but I don't know if this could be
related with the releasing of new ka-map versions.

Alessio