[ka-Map-users] Strange kaMap.js behavior with IE

Suvi Mikkola suvi.mikkola at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 05:22:28 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I'm now testing the new MapServer 5.0 with my ka-map. When
initializing, all works fine in FF, but I get a strange error message
with IInternet Explorer (version 7): This.domObj.childNodes is null or
not an object (line 2327)

I checked kaMap.js and the error message refers to following part of kaMap.js:

_layer.prototype.setTileLayer = function() {
    this.loaded=0;
    for(i = 0; i < this.domObj.childNodes.length; i++) {
        img = this.domObj.childNodes[i];
        if(arguments[0]) {
            this.setTile(img, arguments[0]);
        }
        else {
            this.setTile(img);
        }
    }
};

I have no idea why I'm getting the error message or what should I do
with it. Could someone help, please?

BR,
Suvi