[ka-Map-users] imageformat

R. Ortner reinhard.ortner at edu.fh-kaernten.ac.at
Mon Jan 7 04:46:23 EST 2008

Hi,

I´m trying to display some high resolution images as jpeg or png24 in ka-map
with several other vector layers(png).

For that i added the "imageformat" "JPG"  (or "PNG24") into the metadata
section of the image layer.
The result is allways, no matter what I change a 8-bit png image that looks
like this sample:

http://www.nabble.com/file/p14661679/sample.png

I´m sure u all will agree that this is not acceptable for an high quality
image...

When I use Firebug and display a single tile of the image seperatly
(http://172.21.18.45/ka-map/tile.php?map=geoland_test&t=-49152&l=141824&s=10000&g=Orthophotos&i=JPG)
or
http://172.21.18.45/ka-map/tile.php?map=geoland_test&t=-49152&l=141824&s=10000&g=Orthophotos&i=PNG24)

(when I use JPEG nothing is displayed);
> fyi: I have the Outputoptions for JPEG and PNG24 in my mapfile:
> OUTPUTFORMAT
>  NAME jpeg
>  DRIVER "GD/JPEG"
>  MIMETYPE "image/jpeg"
>  IMAGEMODE RGB
>  EXTENSION "jpg"
> END

the result is allways the same, a 8-bit png. On top of the browser in the
titlebar: PNG-Grafik,256x256 pixel!

What do I wrong or what can I do to display the images as 24 bit image??