[ka-Map-users] imageformat

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Jan 7 14:08:52 EST 2008

It should be "JPEG" (with the E) but I hope this is just a typo since
PNG24 didn't work either.  The way that code works is that it ends up
calling setOutputFormat in config.php with the format type and sets up
a bunch of variables that are used when rendering in tile.php.  I know
that true colour output works (jpeg and png24) so I'm sure it is not a
problem with the code but rather some sort of configuration issue.  If
MapServer is choosing png8 then that is probably the default output
format for MapServer and something.

Some things to check.  Make sure you have JPEG and PNG24 support in
mapserv/php_mapscript by checking the MapScript section of the output
of phpinfo() ...

<?php
dl('php_mapscript.so'); //replace with whatever will load mapscript
phpinfo();
?>

Confirm that you can get mapserv to output a jpeg or png24 using
shp2img.

Paul