[ka-Map-users] version 1.1 beta

Pēteris Brūns peteris.bruns at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 12:17:16 EDT 2008

Hi!

I have small sugestion for kaSearch and query sytem upgrade.

Problem expalanation:
If your layers are queryable/searchabe but are not in utf-8 encoding it
is problem for end users-nonprogrammers, and is problems if map has
multiple queryable/searchable layers with different encodings.
Sugestion howto solve:
So my idea is to add one more parameter in metadat block, just like
"searcahfield", "queryable" etc (it can be "layerencoding" or something
else). The addtitonal parametr will represent layer encoding and it can
be used in search, query scripts for iconv to convert:
- non utf-8 data output to utf-8 (usable in search and query scripts
output)
- utf-8 input to my encoding (in search script input).
Often queryable layers are labeled but I'm not shure that it is possible
to get layer label encoding from label block with php-mapscript.

Thanks,
pb