[ka-Map-users] Base layer at the top, wrong order

Emilio Ponce yosoycore at gmail.com
Tue May 13 19:24:03 EDT 2008

grazie for your answer Lorenzo, maybe I have to explain it better:

As you know, when you don't sets a group to a layer, this automatically
becomes part of the _base_ group of layers.
The difference between the _base_ group and the others is that you can't
activate/deactivate it, and I think this option formally is better. The
problem is that _base_ don't respect the layer order in the mapfile, so
maybe to set a group for this layers (I can show/hide it :S) is the best
option by now.

2008/5/14 Lorenzo Becchi <lorenzo at ominiverdi.com>:

> Hi Emilio,
> I would say you've answered alone
> ;-)
>
> do you really nead your layers in a group called BASE?
>

> Emilio Ponce wrote:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I've realised that when we set a layer as "Base" (with no group defined
> > in the mapfile), this doesn't respect the order of the layers established in
> > the own mapfile. I mean that if my mapfile defines different layers
> > sequentially:
> >
> > Layer "one"
> > Layer "two"
> > Layer "three"
> >

> > Normally the layer called "three" is going to be painted at the top of
> > the other layers, and layer "one" is going to be painted first, so is in the
> > bottom. If we put layer "one" as BASE, this is at the top , not at the
> > bottom as is expected. I've read that this issue is related to the init.php
> > file of Ka-map, anyone knows how to solve this problem? or is better to set
> > groups for all the layers and forget this bug?
> >
> > Thank you,

Emilio