MapTools.org

[maplab-users] fatal error: xml_parser_create()

Paul Spencer pgs@magma.ca
Mon, 01 Jul 2002 23:11:37 -0400
Vincent, I am assuming that your server is a Linux-based system.  It
seems that your PHP doesn't have expat support compiled in.  I just
checked my system and it seems that XML support is enabled by default (I
didn't add it to my configure).  When I check my phpinfo output, I have
an XML section that lists:

XML Support: active
XML Namespace Support: active
Expat Version: 1.95.2

can you check your phpinfo to see if you have an XML section and that it
is enabled.  Also, did you compile PHP yourself or use a pre-packaged
one (pls give vendor and version).

I suspect that we may need to update the install docs for Linux to
ensure that XML support is enabled.

Cheers,

Paul