MapTools.org

[maplab-users] RE: MapServer Error in msSaveImage()

Paul Spencer pgs@magma.ca
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 22:34:13 -0400
Gonzalo, you probably haven’t set an IMAGETYPE property in your Map
object.  If IMAGETYPE is not set then it will default to GIF.  Your
mapscript doesn't support GIF output, so you need to set this to PNG or
JPEG .... But ROSA doesn't support PNG in most browsers except very new
IE and perhaps Netscape (depends on Java runtime version), so you will
likely need to choose JPEG or add GIF support (if legal) to your
mapscript (there are many references to this on the mapserver list).

Cheers,

Paul

<SNIP>