MapTools.org

[maplab-users] dropdown list and direct value entry

Bruton, Peter Peter.Bruton@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 12:04:28 -0400
Hello;

There seems to be a problem with property specification for those properties
that have both a drop-down list of preset values and direct entry through a
text entry box.

I added a Label object to a class.  When I specified the Size property I
selected one of the options (SMALL) from the drop-down list.  I decided to
change the Size value by entering an integer value in the text entry box
(20).  After clicking on the Apply Changes button, the integer value was not
saved.  SMALL appeared in the text entry box.

All properties that have both the drop-down list and direct entry in the
Label object form have the same behavior.

A work around does exist.  Integer values for Size can be entered directly
in the map file via the Edit Source button.   After entering the Size value
in integer format and pressing the Apply button, the Size in integers
appears in the Label object's Size property.

Peter Bruton
GeoAccess Division
Canada Centre for Remote Sensing
615 Booth Street, Room 650