MapTools.org

[maplab-users] problem in globprefs.php in windows 2000 advanced server

Paul Spencer pgs@magma.ca
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:38:28 -0400
Well, since it's urgent ;)

mapserver is required for maplab.  Mapserver is provided by
php_mapscript.dll.  This file is compiled for different versions of php,
so you will need to pick the appropriate one.  You should be able to
find one at http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl.

To make sure mapserver is configured properly, you should create a file
called phpinfo.php (the name is not really important) with the following
contents:

<?
dl( "php_mapscript.dll" );
phpinfo();
?>

Once you can display this page without error and see a MapScript
section, mapserver and php are correctly installed and working.

 From this point, the configuration of maplab should be relatively
straightforward.

Please confirm that you have mapserver installed and working as per
above and then if you are still experiencing problems, please send me
another message with details on your setup.

Good luck,

Paul