MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Where/How do session vars get saved in gmf_apps?

Paul Spencer pgs@magma.ca
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:06:39 -0400
Steve, gmapfactory applications do not use php sessions, so it isn't
suprising that you can't find this :)  They use a MapSession object to
manage map state.  The code for this is found in
common/wrapper/map_session.php.  It contains a base class (MapSession)
and two concrete classes MapSession_R and MapSession_RW (for ReadOnly
and ReadWrite).  The difference between them is how the map state is
maintained.  In both cases, the MapSession instance returns a state key
from the saveState method that can be used on a subsequent page to
restore the mapfile to its previous state.  GMapFactory applications use
MapSession_R and the state key ends up being a set of URL parameters
that are parsed on the next page by the restoreState method.  If you
really want to, you can modify the saveState and restoreState functions
in MapSession_R.  However, I would recommend that you either add session
support to your gmapfactory app or pass the info on the URL and modify
drawmap.php to get it.

HTH

Cheers,

Paul