MapTools.org

[maplab-users] mapscript_36.dll based issue

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Tue, 01 Apr 2003 15:06:52 -0500
Oldes Cokdu wrote:

> With script_36.dll   I am getting...
> >>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ms_tokenizemap() in C:\My
> GIS\maplab\htdocs\mapedit\mapeditapp.php on line 168
> >>>
> in place of the DM logo (on the right hand side of the MapEdit)  straight
> after I open the tutorial.map file...  I dont get these in the _37.dll

Ah!  ms_tokenizemap() was added around version 3.6.1 or 3.6.2.  I would
suggest that you get at least version 3.6.5 or 3.6.4, then this error
will go away, and you'll get a few other bug fixes as a bonus.

> And required DB will be mySQL for integration reasons, on which I did NOT
> have time to investigate if maplab would be compatible as the database...

If you want to display spatial data from MySQL directly in
MapLab/MapServer then this is not possible with version 3.6.

In version 3.7, someone added 1 or 2 weeks ago support for what he
called MyGIS, some kind of spatial support in MySQL, I haven't tried
this yet and don't know how much it's been tested yet.  You might want
to check out http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MySQL

Note that sicne MapScript 3.7 won't work with MapLab until we upgrade
MapLab, you cannot use this to build your apps directly in MapLab.
However, you could build your application using MapLab based on
shapefiles data, and then at the end of the process once you're happy
with your apps just edit the mapfile manually to use a MYGIS database
connection and then publish your application using MapScript 3.7.   (In
other words: develop your app in MapLab using 3.6, and publish your apps
using 3.7)

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette@dmsolutions.ca