MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Problems Creating Mapfile in MapEdit

John Norton jnorton@fs.fed.us
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:51:34 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C2CE86.1E997C30

I installed maplab on a win2k, PHP 4.2.2 and Apache.  I am using IE 6.0.
Everything installed smoothly but, when trying to use mapedit to create
a new map file the file system browser behavior does not function as
intended or perhaps implied (browse the file system flag is set to
true). It shows the proper 'file_browser_root' content when intitially
opened but, when trying to browse (click on a directory) a delightful
'Object expect' javascript error occurs, then the file browsing quits
working altogether. If I don't click on a directory but a file instead,
a tab charcter is added. I think it is because file name started with a
't' I think it may have something to do with the slash orientation. The
buttons on the Create New File Popup only include cancel and cancel, one
with an orange x and one with a white x. From looking at the source I
think the problem is a file naming problem because the left button tag .
SRC='images/icon_txt_new.gif', which implies the image file should say
something other than cancel.  Also, drilling down into the directory
structure is limited to one level. Attempting to go past the first level
results in a kick back to the top level. Has anyone run into this
behavior and corrected it? Perhaps I missed an install step?
Cheers

John Norton
Remote Sensing Application Center
Voice: (801) 975-3766
Fax: (801) 975-3478
Intranet: http://fsweb.rsac.fs.fed.us/
Internet: http://www.fs.fed.us/eng/rsac/

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C2CE86.1E997C30

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.0.4630.0">
<TITLE>Problems Creating Mapfile in MapEdit</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I installed maplab on a win2k, PHP =
4.2.2 and Apache.&nbsp; I am using IE 6.0. Everything installed smoothly =
but, when trying to use mapedit to create a new map file the file system =
browser behavior does not function as intended or perhaps implied =
(browse the file system flag is set to true). It shows the proper =
'file_browser_root' content when intitially opened but, when trying to =
browse (click on a directory) a delightful 'Object expect' javascript =
error occurs, then the file browsing quits working altogether. If I =
don't click on a directory but a file instead, a tab charcter is added. =
I think it is because file name started with a 't' I think it may have =
something to do with the slash orientation. The buttons on the Create =
New File Popup only include cancel and cancel, one with an orange x and =
one with a white x. From looking at the source I think the problem is a =
file naming problem because the left button tag &#8230; =
SRC=3D'images/icon_txt_new.gif', which implies the image file should say =
something other than cancel.&nbsp; Also, drilling down into the =
directory structure is limited to one level. Attempting to go past the =
first level results in a kick back to the top level. Has anyone run into =
this behavior and corrected it? Perhaps I missed an install =
step?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Cheers</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">John Norton</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Remote Sensing Application =
Center</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Voice: (801) 975-3766</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Fax: (801) 975-3478</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Intranet: </FONT><A =
HREF=3D"http://fsweb.rsac.fs.fed.us/"><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">http://fsweb.rsac.fs.fed.us/</FONT></U></A>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Internet: </FONT><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.fs.fed.us/eng/rsac/"><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">http://www.fs.fed.us/eng/rsac/</FONT></U></A>
</P>

</BODY>