MapTools.org

[maplab-users] configuration of maplab

VAN DEN BUSSCHE FA PREF31 FA.VAN-DEN-BUSSCHE@haute-garonne.pref.gouv.fr
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:46:54 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2D908.0E37F830

First of all, you have to configure any of your path with a full =
pathname,
not a relative one (ie in all the XML files in the config subdirectory =
and
further in the tutorial mapfile). For your access rights you have to =
set
write access on any of the subsdirectories in your maplab installation =
and
for files which may be modified (like tutorial.map) for the user who =
act as
apache server (not your own), for my distribution (SuSE 8.0) this user =
is
nobody/nogroup.
For the missing dmslogo.gif the path would be
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/maplab-2.0rc3/htdocs/images/dmsglogo.gif this
reflect that one of a pathanme doesn't match the rule "full pathname".

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: [maplab-users] configuration of maplab</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>First of all, you have to configure any of your path =
with a full pathname, not a relative one (ie in all the XML files in =
the config subdirectory and further in the tutorial mapfile). For your =
access rights you have to set write access on any of the =
subsdirectories in your maplab installation and for files which may be =
modified (like tutorial.map) for the user who act as apache server (not =
your own), for my distribution (SuSE 8.0) this user is =
nobody/nogroup.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>For the missing dmslogo.gif the path would be =
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/maplab-2.0rc3/htdocs/images/dmsglogo.gif this =
reflect that one of a pathanme doesn't match the rule &quot;full =
pathname&quot;.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -----Message d'origine-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; De: Carsten Busch [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:ncb@geogr.uni-jena.de">mailto:ncb@geogr.uni-jena.de</A>]<=
/FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Date: jeudi 20 f=E9vrier 2003 16:48</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; =C0: maplab-users@dmsolutions.ca</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Objet: [maplab-users] configuration of =
maplab</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; I have got still a problem with the maplab =
configuration. If </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp; </FONT>
</P>

</BODY>