MapTools.org

[maplab-users] MapEdit preview problems

Matt Doggett mdoggett@coas.oregonstate.edu
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:28:52 -0800
Well, for some mysterious reason, my preview function now appears to
work-in part.  It might have something to do with proj.4.  I came to the
part of the tutorial dealing with projections and found the archived
message about a newer epsg file that must be installed.  So I did that
and now preview works.except:

1. This is a deficiency in the MapLab distribution.  In the preview
window Legend, there are numerous "little red x's" where images are
supposed to be but the server can't find them.  Apache error_log
reported a file not found:
[Thu Mar 27 16:07:12 2003] [error] [client 128.193.65.36] File does not
exist:
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/maplab/htdocs/mapedit/images/icon_prop_none.gi

So I looked around and discovered the file
.../maplab/htdocs/mapbrowser/images/icon_prop_none.gif.  Figuring that
this is the same image, I simply copied icon_prop_none.gif into the
mapedit/images directory and it solved that problem.

That one was easy. Now the tougher one:

2. When I click on one of the radio buttons in the Legend, I get a
Javascript error stating:
"A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug?  Line: 100 Error:
Object expected".  When I look at debug mode the problem is in the html
code : <input type="radio" ..> corresponding to the radio button I just
clicked. I believe the issue is with the onClick statement:
onClick="javascript:radioSelect( 'bathymetry' )".  But that's about as
far as I can go for that one.  Any takers on this?

md.

ps. I'm using IE6.0 on Win2K to access MapLab on my Linux server.

(RedHat8.0, Apache2.0, Mapserver 3.6.4, Php4.2.3)

Matt Doggett
Spatial Climate Analysis Service
Oregon State University
316 Strand Ag Hall