MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Query map with PostGIS layer

Mike Leahy mgleahy@golden.net
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 04:41:43 -0400
Hello all,

I've just now been able to get maps working in MapLab, using PostGIS layers
(PostGIS 0.7.5 in PostgreSQL 7.3.4-2, built in cygwin on WinXP).  The maps
display fine, and if I do a point query, that also works fine.  However,
there are two problems that occur when I query multiple objects (i.e., with
a box query instead of a point).  First, and more important, is that the
ROSA applet doesn't seem to like waiting for the map image.  If I go
directly to the IMG_URL parameter for the Rosa applet, the image is there,
and looks fine.  But the applet just gives me a white box, with the
navigation controls visible.

Second, I get a series of warning messages in the query attributes, such as
the following:

WARNING: BEGIN: already a transaction in progress WARNING: Closing
pre-existing portal "mycursor" WARNING: BEGIN: already a transaction in
progress WARNING: Closing pre-existing portal "mycursor" WARNING: BEGIN:
already a transaction in progress WARNING: Closing pre-existing portal
"mycursor" WARNING: etc...(I think there are two warnings for every row in
the attributes table).

I can turn off warnings in PHP, but that's already caused problems before
when I was getting errors that I couldn't fix, when all I needed to see were
the warnings sent from PostGIS.

Any suggestions?
Mike