[maplab-users] Help! how can the website work under https://

William Bronsema wbronsema at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Sep 23 07:39:00 EDT 2004

Hi Charlie,

Unfortunately when MapLab was originally written https was not
considered.  As a result there are a number of places in the code where
"http" is assumed and hard coded.

A quick fix for this would be to replace all hard coded "http" instances
with "https".  I did a quick search for "http:" and it appears that
there are not too many instances of this in the actual code & template
files (ignoring examples and how-to docs).  This is not the most elegant
solution, but should serve your purpose.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

charley cheng wrote:
> Hi! Dear lists,
>
> Since the information on website produced by maplab is confidential, I
> am planning to put website produced by maplab work under https:// (
> secure version of http). I tried it, but did not work. First, the map
> did not show, second, any click, the url will break. The website is
> working fine under http://
> My platform is window 2000 server, IIS 5.0, Maplab2.2, php/mapscript
>
> Another question is how to set security for website produced by Maplab
> normally.
>
> Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Charlie

William A. Bronsema, C.E.T.
Applications Developer,