[maplab-users] How to convert shapefiles to mapfiles

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 14:23:14 EST 2005

Hi,

>From what I understand, you want to add local shapefiles to your map.
Do you know what projection those shapefiles are in? If the projection
matches the map projection, you can use Mapedit's copy layer button to
duplicate one of the existing layers, then (in the right frame) change
the DATA to be the name of your shapefile (without .shp). You also
need to choose the layer type from the drop down list. That should
allow your layer to be rendered in the preview.

zak