[maplab-users] Display a complete Mapview

toudert at uabc.mx toudert at uabc.mx
Sat Jan 22 20:04:20 EST 2005

Hi liste,

After more than six month of hard learning and traying to put all things
together in my Maplab installation, i think...I am approching to the end, so i
need your generous help to pass this steep.
Working with Maplab tutorial, the problem is:
- In mapbrowser: the mapview display only the map (no scalebar, no keymap, no
legend images).
-In previewmap: the mapview don’t display map, keymap, scalebar, legend images.
- With saved project, the mapview display only the map (no scalebar, no
keymap, no legend images).
I have the sames results enabling or no Rosa.

1. Imagepath and imageurl set in both mapfile and open XML configuration tool
to:
imagepath: /var/www/html/maplab/tmp/ms_tmp/  ;   imageurl:/tmp/ ; the
tmp_map_path set to /var/www/html/maplab/tmp_map/
tmp, ms_tmp and tmp_map directories are CHMOD 777 and owned by apache user and
group.
2.- The server generate all temporary images in the ms_tmp directory (map,
keymap, scalebar and legends), also temporary mapfiles in tmp_map directory.
3.- The log files, they don’t show anything anormal, but i notice this line:
gszMapName is /var/www/html///maplab/tutorial//tutorial.map.
4.- Iam running Maplab 2.2. Mapserver and php_mapscript compiled from
MapServer 4.4.1 tar file (12/22/04).

- MapServer version 4.4.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
- Php_mapscript version: $Revision: 1.220.2.2 $ $Date: 2004/12/19 22:17:59 $)

5.- I am working in Linux Mandrake 9.2 with compiled php-4.3.4

I appreciate any help to guet Maplab finaly working. Thanks.

D. Toudert
toudert at uabc.mx