[ms4w-users] ms4w in Windows Vista??

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Apr 19 17:33:09 EDT 2007

Yes I have run MS4W on Vista.  It seems the added security in Vista does
cause some problems, which could be related to your issues.  The MS4W
README has a few notes on Vista (for installing the Apache service):

http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html#c-special-notes-for-microsoft-vista

Could it also be a permissions issue for your problems?

jeff

Gattuso.Peter at epamail.epa.gov wrote:
> I have been successfully running ms4w for well over a year, using
> php-mapscript, in Windows XP.  My application will not run in Windows
> Vista.  If I run my php file from the command line, Vista says:  "CLI
> has stopped working."  It's happening when the php script tries to load
> the php_mapscript.dll.  When run from CGI, it says "Unable to load
> dynamic library ........php_mapscript.dll."
>
> Has anyone actually run ms4w (or anything MapServer) in Windows Vista?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Peter Gattuso
> U.S. EPA

DM Solutions Group Inc.