[ms4w-users] Thematic Mapping based on Joine MS SQL Server Table

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Jun 4 08:41:57 EDT 2007

I don't see "thematic classification based on joined field" in the list
of additions to MapServer
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc).  If you have funding and
want this added to the next release, send a message to the MapServer-dev
email list to let them know (info at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/community/mailinglists/mapserver-dev/).

jeff

p wrote:
> I'm a new ms4w mapserver user. I need to develop a web
> map
> application, serving one shapefile
> joined with an MS SQL Server flat table [or even a dbf
> file.]
> The polygon shapefile has a 1-1 relationship with the
> DB table.
>
> I need to have the polygon shapefile thematic
> classified based on a joined table field. So far I
> managed to install/create mapfile/create new
> map service/perform the join/deploy new map sites
> using FIST. So I have a working map service but I'm
> stuck in displaying the polygons classified based on
> the joined attributes.
>
> Is thematic classification based on joined field
> values supported? What is the proper syntax for the
> classification in the map file? I think i need to
> create an ogr connection but i could not find any
> sample map file showing how to create the connection.
>
> [I have ms4w 2.2.3]
>
> Thank you

DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca